Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Slauson Signed, Others Still TBA

Jets announced today they signed their sixth round pick, offensive lineman Matt Slauson. Now that leaves Shonn Greene and Mark Sanchez needing contracts - and, of course, Leon Washington and Thomas Jones still wanting new ones.

Jones' agent, Drew Rosenhaus tweeted earlier (never in my life did I think I would use a phrase like that to describe how I received information, but I digress) that Jones will be at the Jets mandatory mini-camp next week.

It will be interesting to see if Washington will return or if he will continue to stay away. The fine for missing a mandatory mini-camp would cost somewhere around $7,000 per day for each day missed. From what I've been told, Washington's boycott was a decision that his camp arrived at as a group - including Washington himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment