Monday, January 25, 2010

Not Jetting Anywhere....

The name of this blog today is NotJettingAroundAnywhere. I know you don't care, but I'm really bored, so I'm going to tell you about what's going on. I've been sitting in the Indianapolis Airport since 8am in the attempt to get on my 9:25am flight back to NYC. Still here and it's now 1:25pm.

Apparently the winds in NY are so bad that LaGuardia has been completely shut down. Although I wouldn't know first hand. I believe what I'm being told.

In the meantime, as a result, the New York Jets press corps is scattered throughout the Midwest and East Coast. I'm happily ensconced at Gate B23 with Tom Rock and Bob Glauber of Newsday. Glauber is actually an interloper as he is supposed to be on a flight to Philly that is going out of Gate B10. Except that flight's not going anywhere either.

Jenny Vrentas of the Star-Ledger is at Gate B9, but she's afraid to go too far away from her gate, lest something exciting happen, like a departure.

Judy Battista of the Times is somewhere in another terminal entirely. We are communicating via Twitter.

The Jets cleaned out their lockers this morning. Couldn't tell you what happened. Rex Ryan is giving his end-of-year press conference at 4pm. Clearly, I won't be there either.

No comments:

Post a Comment