Sunday, January 31, 2010

Apology Du Jour

I look away for five minutes and Rex Ryan is off giving the finger. Am I the only one who laughed? Of course, it was inappropriate, but there's no way Ryan meant it as anything other than a spur-of-the-moment joking response.

All I have to say is...can't we all just get along?

In any event, it has provoked the obligatory apology from him and statement from GM Mike Tannenbaum, which both follow:

Statement from New York Jets Head Coach Rex Ryan
“It was stupid and inappropriate. I wouldn’t accept that type of behavior from one of the coaches or players and it’s unacceptable from me. I apologize to the Jets organization, the National Football League and NFL fans everywhere.”
Statement from New York Jets General Manager Mike Tannenbaum
“Rex showed extremely poor judgment and his conduct was inappropriate. He knows he was wrong, has apologized and we have accepted his apology. Any other actions regarding this incident will be addressed internally by the organization.”


No comments:

Post a Comment