Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Barrett Gets Released

The Jets announced earlier today that they released David Barrett. It's not nice to say I told you so, but I did. Of course, it's not like I was the only one who thought this was going to happen - probably including David Barrett. This is clearly just the first of the moves the new coaching staff will make.

To continue on my thoughts from the other day, I doubt we'll see Eric Barton back in a Jets uniform and I'm getting the feeling that David Bowens may not return either. They are go-to-guys for media so they would be missed, at least by us.

Some other question marks that I haven't addressed previously are cornerback Drew Coleman and linebacker Cody Spencer. Both of them would have to be very much on the bubble. And while we haven't seen too much of Sione Pouha up to this point, I think he'll stick around.

I've omitted Dwight Lowery to this point, which was mostly an oversight (hey, I'm human). He came out of the gate on fire last season and then seemed to hit the wall. He's got the talent, but whether or not he turns out to be Jets answer at cornerback remains to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment