Monday, June 15, 2009

Keller Speaks About His Almost-Mauling

By now you've probably heard or read about Dustin Keller's near-death experience at the hands (or teeth) of a pitbull while walking in Brooklyn yesterday.

The good news is Keller (unlike many others who have been injured, maimed and killed by these dogs) escaped unscathed and is able to make light of it - sort of. If you know Keller, this is his MO with pretty much everything. Getting him to be serious is no easy feat.

I was able to catch up with him earlier today and he told me the following about what happened,

"I had just had brunch with a friend when it happened. My first reaction when I saw the dog chasing me was to out-run it, which isn't normally likely for someone, but my adrenaline was pumping at such a high level that I believe I would have left that monster in the dust. I saw that I was right by that 12-foot fence and when I jumped on and was hanging on for what seemed like my life I couldn't believe how high I was. I just held on for a little and while that was very scary, the height was almost more shocking than the fact I was attacked by a crazy pit bull!"

Fortunately, all's well that ends well. And you can now add Keller's vertical leap to his other athletic talents.

No comments:

Post a Comment