Friday, March 5, 2010

Antonio Cromartie's Fresh Start

Antonio Cromartie was introduced to the New York media today during a conference call. Both he and GM Mike Tannenbaum referred to this as a "fresh start" with all the usual optimism.

Regarding his tackling Cromartie said, "I have not been the best tackler at times in my career. That's something I'm truly working on this offseason."

And then regarding the topic people really want to talk about, his off-the-field issues, he has been named in a reported five different paternity suits over the past couple of years.

"I have seven kids living in five different states," he admitted today. "I made some wrong decisions my first two years in the NFL. Now I have to take on the responsibility of being a father to my kids."

As far as those paternity suits and the accompanying child support issues, "Those things are being taken care of as we speak," he said, "and they are being handled in the right way."

The good news for the Jets is that Cromartie will play out the last year of his current contract so no big investment until they see what they're getting. As for Cromartie, he better play well if he's going to get a new contract that will pay him enough to take care of all those kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment